We value the trust you place in us when you share your personal data. It is our promise to you that we will be open and honest with you about how we use the information you’ve entrusted with us. This page describes who we are, why we need to collect information about you and how we will use it. We will tell you how your information will help us improve the services we provide to schools and academies. We recognise the importance of treating your data with care and we have taken steps to ensure we only use it in accordance with your wishes.
Who we are
We are drb Ignite Multi Academy Trust.
We support all educational settings including nursery, primary, secondary and special schools and academies whether as individuals or as part of a cluster, federation, trust or wider partnership.
Expert associates have proven track records across a broad spectrum of services to schools. Their knowledge, pedagogical understanding and skills, as well as their long experience of working in urban and rural contexts are highly valued by clients across the West Midlands and beyond.
We are registered in England and Wales (Company No. 09284055). We never share data outside of our organisation without your express permission.
We are the ‘Data Controller’ of personal information that this policy applies to under the Data Protection Act 1998.
The information we collect from our clients
We only collect information about you that:
- records your details from online forms
- records communications between us, so we can refer back to things should we need to
- enables us to contact you if we need to
- shows us how you are using the website, so we can keep improving it
- helps us to make our website work better for you
- helps us keep in touch with you so we can let you know about the organisation, services and courses
Parts of our website may ask you for more information so that you can use services or complete transactions. You’ll always be told when this information is being collected. In many cases you’ll be asked to enter it – for example, an email address for correspondence. This information will only be used for the purposes stated.
We collect the following information from people visiting the website:
- Questions, queries and feedback you leave, including your email address if you send us an email
- Your IP address and which web browser (and version) you use
- Information on how people use the site, using cookies and page tagging, to help us to improve the website and our services
What are cookies?
Permission to contact you
Our policy states that you should only receive contact from us with information about services and courses where you have specifically opted into receive this information.
To change the way we contact you please get in touch with our team on telephone number 0121 231 7131 or email us at email@example.com
How we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers in secured databases.
All information stored is only used whilst you continue to use the services of drb Ignite Multi Academy Trust and the data will be securely removed from our current live database two years after your last service / transaction. Any information held beyond this point is used for statistical purposes only and is not accessible for communication purposes.
The transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. We do our very best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site by submitting an online form, any transmission is at your own risk. We use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Any information we collect from supporters is used to:
- improve the content and design of the website
- let you use interactive features, when you choose to do so
- contact you, with your permission
We never share your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your personal information to any other website.
Use of postal addresses and phone numbers
If you enter your postal address or phone number or email address into any of our online forms, we may use these details to contact you, unless you ask us not to.
We will ask your consent to receive (opt in) to certain information or communications from us about drb Ignite Multi Academy Trust. We will only contact you in such circumstances.
Disclosure of your information to others
We may disclose your personal information:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share visitors’ personal data to comply with a legal obligation
- for law enforcement purposes
We never sell or share information we hold with any commercial or other organisations.
Links to and from our website
When you come to our website from another website, we may get personal information about you from the other website. You should read those websites’ privacy policies if you want to know about this.
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right:
- to be informed so that there is transparency about the data held
- of access to their personal information
- to request rectification of their personal information where appropriate
- to erasure/deletion of their personal information
- to restrict/block processing of their personal information
- to have their personal information made portable
- to object to the processing of their personal information where appropriate
- in respect of automated decision making
If you believe that we hold personal information about you and you would like to see a copy of it (Subject Access Request), please write to The Data Protection Officer, drb Ignite Multi Academy Trust, 3 Brindleyplace, 2ndFloor, Birmingham, B1 2JB.
When we are assured of your identity we will send you a copy of your personal information that we are legally required to disclose.
Changes to our policy
Please get in touch if you believe that information we hold about you is inaccurate and want it to be corrected:
Tel: 0121 231 7131
For a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to the Data Protection Officer:
drb Ignite Multi Academy Trust, 3 Brindleyplace, Birmingham, B1 2JB
If you wish to raise any concerns about the data we hold or the accuracy of it please contact:
Data Protection Officer on 0121 231 7131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org