Trust schools support learners in their journey from early years to adulthood through cutting edge inspiring, purposeful learning experiences. Pupils develop rigour of thought, resilience and a positive outlook whilst gaining the knowledge, skills and experience required for lifelong learning. These are underpinned by an inspiring, engaging and challenging curriculum, shaped by evidence of what works and real-world practice.
Approaches in Trust schools include:
- ensuring high standards are achieved through curiosity, discovery and partnership between pupils, staff, parents and the community
- providing an enquiry-based curriculum, developing knowledge, understanding and transferable skills in a purposeful way that will improve the lives of children and others
- cultivating inclusive and accessible learning environments that are safe, welcoming and enticing
- developing every pupil’s personality, talents and abilities to the full
- supporting pupils’ expanding horizons and unlocking potential that enhances life, aspiration and prospects for children and families from a wide range of backgrounds
- using innovative and creative approaches to learning that recognise the importance of equipping pupils for the future in a rapidly changing world
- nurturing pupils’ self-esteem, self-awareness, confidence, resilience, health and wellbeing
- disseminating the knowledge gained from enquiry and research both internally and externally in ways that bring teachers together to reflect, work on and share effective pedagogy.
As a Trust that places pupils at the heart of its endeavour our aim is to develop confident, enthusiastic and aspirational learners. We want to foster a strong sense of self in everyone.
This enables individual learners to flourish and realise their potential in a non-judgemental and mutually supportive environment. Our pupils are active participants in shaping their learning through rich experiences whilst also gaining an understanding of social diversity, cultural relevance and global perspectives. We recognise, value and celebrate pupil voice.
We do this to support pupils to develop purposeful initiative, autonomy, self-worth and to help them build positive and constructive relationships with others.
Trust schools develop respect for every individual and for others through a set of shared values. We respect and rejoice in the diversity of humankind, being positive and open to differences in a fair, equal and democratic society. Our schools promote mutual respect between all members of the community and the wider world, building the skills that equip pupils to consider different viewpoints carefully. Pupils experience social, moral, spiritual and cultural education that broadens their awareness and understanding of the world and prepares them to become contributing global citizens.