David is an experienced biochemical engineer. He worked at Cadbury in Bournville, Birmingham for 35 years. David worked across the organisation in technical roles including:
- a wide range of process and product development projects
- leading UK product development for chocolate and sugar confectionery
- leading the production planning department for the Assortments factory
- leading global chocolate process development
- creating the Cadbury Chocolate University
Since retiring, David has worked as a technical consultant for confectionery businesses, sorting out technical business issues for both start-ups and multi-nationals.
David is also a visiting lecturer at the University of Birmingham in the Chemical Engineering Department.
David is an experienced school governor. He served at Wychall Primary School from the mid 90’s and was chair of governors when the school joined the Trust and also served as a governor at Shenley School in Birmingham.
David is currently a serving governor at Chawson First School in Worcestershire
In his spare time David enjoys playing in a brass band, where he is treasurer and singing with the Worcester Male Voice Choir, of which he is both secretary and a serving Trustee.
David enjoys skiing, windsurfing and hill climbing. He spends most of his summers watching Worcester County Cricket Club.